Friday, March 14, 2014

look to Thee

I lift up my eyes to you,
to you whose throne is in 
heaven.
As the eyes of slaves look to
the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maid look 
to the hand of her 
mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD
our God,
till he shows us his mercy.
-Psalm 123:1-2

how to reside in the Presence of the Lord?

faith -- to set my eyes on Jesus


freed from religious requirements/equipment

responding instead to a constant invitation 

to return the gaze of my soul to HIM

in beautiful abandon


to be present in my simplest callings

ever mindful of His love for me.

reclaiming the truth

I am His Beloved.



Today I ponder how to continually turn my inward eyes to Jesus.  Becoming evermore aware that I am known and loved by Him.  Tozer claims faith need not be defined, so much as lived.  The Bible gives little explanation for what exactly faith is, but rather provides many examples of men and women turning their inner gaze to God over and again.  

How do I do this? I've noticed I am helped by music about God, verses posted throughout our space, habitual giving thanks before meals.  My mind and heart are well when my thoughts are moved back on Him. 


Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, 
who share in the heavenly calling, 
fix your thoughts on Jesus, 
whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.
Hebrews 3:1 








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a daughter of the King and I try to be a friend to all I meet.