Tuesday, March 4, 2014

blissful forfeit

how to live sacrificially
without losing who I am.

Jesus.  
completely Himself,
every moment,
and
He is our perfect example of sacrifice.

And here I am, as a young mother....

knowing that I
relinquish rights
day and night

A right to what?  
my own time?  to do what with, exactly?  

What person has the right 
to shower alone, 
to have times of peaceful quiet,
to watch a movie,
to enjoy a date night
to sleep through the night
?

I take a step back and realize-
privileges these are all.

privileges I let go
in order to revel in the honor of being exactly where I am called to be. 

Mother. Wife. 

How do I choose to be present in this, my calling?




How selfish I have been.

How I long to sacrifice my selfish self and replace her with a beautiful new creation.

and this is already happening

the great Potter molds me,
everyday

eyes opened afresh, once again

my heart grows wings 
with freedom to love

and the knowledge that I've been loved all along.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a daughter of the King and I try to be a friend to all I meet.